DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!
As of this writing, four people have died looking for Fenn’s treasure. To make sure you’re not number five, take the advice Fenn has been giving since he started this: “Don’t go where a 79 or 80 year old man, alone, with a 22 pound load, couldn’t go.” If you find yourself rappelling down a cliff face, whitewater rafting, facing off with a grizzly bear or wading a chest-high river at spring runoff – you’re in the wrong place.
Found out about the treasure, eh?
You’re here because you just read an article or saw a television program or a YouTube video about the treasure Forrest Fenn hid somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe. So, we’re going to save you a treasure chest full of time, effort, frustration and money. Oh, and P.S.: As of this date, the treasure is still out there waiting to be found.
10 Steps to Starting Your Search for the Fenn Treasure.
Before you do anything else related to the treasure, do exactly the following:
- Click on the “Fenn Interviews” link above. These are the top 4 Fenn interviews. We recorded 2 of them. Watch them at least 3 times each. Start your “Fenn Treasure Hunt Notebook.” Most important: get to know Forrest Fenn. He has a plan, and you finding the treasure is part of it.
- Click on the “Fenn’s Poem” link above. Read the poem at least five times. Read the text version of the poem at least five times. Then watch the playlist of videos we’ve prepared for you. By the way, we’ve added a scan of the “poem page” from my copy of Fenn’s book – with my original notes that set us off on our first recon back in 2013. You can see the photos from that recon here.
- Listen to this audio track. It’s an interview with Forrest Fenn conducted by NZ Radio in 2013. About the middle of the interview, Fenn tells us, probably in a slip, that the first clue is “Begin it where warm waters halt.” Don’t ignore him, and don’t let anybody try to talk you out of believing it. Make more notes.
- Get comfortable with tarryscant.com – they’ve collected all of Fenn’s words in a searchable database. Just for the fun of it, search for the phrase “little girl in india.” You’ll learn something new about the treasure hunt if you do.
- Subscribe to our blog; this one: agypsyskiss.com We update it several times a week with articles, interviews, commentary and videos.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel: agypsyskiss.tv We add several videos a week to our portfolio of nearly 300 related exclusively to Fenn and the Fenn treasure.
- Watch this video, then put together your thoughts on the first two clues. Fenn says you can figure them out at your computer. Check out the YouTubers with Fenn-related channels. Subscribe to them, and wait for them to go live. Then you can present your ideas in the live chat. You’ll get answers you may or may not like.
- Read this blog post. It tells you exactly what to do when you find the treasure. Notes!
- Optional: Buy Fenn’s first memoir, “The Thrill of the Chase.” You can order a copy from the Collected Works Bookstore in Santa Fe for the original price of $35 plus shipping. It contains the poem, and stories about his life. You can read it in a day if you had to.
- Plan and go out on your first recon. You will discover at least two things:
a. your solution was crazy wrong, and
b. the problem is much bigger than you imagined.
No worries. It happens to everybody. Oh, and – take pictures! Send them to us! We share them with the community on our YouTube channel. firstname.lastname@example.org
You are now, officially, one of the 350,000 (by Fenn’s estimate) members of the “I don’t know where the hell it is either!” Fenn Treasure Hunters Club. And, if another searcher tells you they know where it is – they’re lying. No one but Fenn knows where it is.
But, don’t be discouraged. Sooner or later, someone is going to find it, and it might as well be you!
Shelley Carney and Toby Younis
A Gypsy’s Kiss on YouTube
For a different, informative and entertaining take on the treasure Forrest Fenn hid somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe, subscribe to our YouTube channel at agypsyskiss.tv
Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com