You’re here because you just read an article or saw a television program or a YouTube video about the treasure Forrest Fenn hid somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe. So, we’re going to save you a treasure chest full of time, effort, frustration and money.
Before you do anything else, do exactly the following:
- Click on the “Fenn’s Poem” link above. Read the poem at least five times. Read the text version of the poem at least five times. Then watch the playlist of videos we’ve prepared for you. Start your Fenn Treasure Notebook. Do not proceed to the next step until you’ve completed this one.
- Click on the “Fenn Interviews” link above. These are the top 3 Fenn interviews. We recorded two of them. Watch them at least 3 times each. Make notes. Most important: get to know Forrest Fenn. He has a plan, and you finding the treasure is part of it. Do not proceed to the next step until you’ve completed this one. Oh, and PS: Yes, the treasure is still out there.
- Listen to this audio track. It’s an interview with Forrest Fenn conducted by NZ Radio in 2013. About the middle of the interview, Fenn tells us, probably in a slip, that the first clue is “Begin it where warm waters halt.” Don’t ignore him, and don’t let anybody try to talk you out of believing it. Make more notes.
- Subscribe to our blog: agypsyskiss.com We update it several times a week with articles, interviews, commentary and videos.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel: agypsyskiss.tv We add several videos a week to our portfolio of over 220 Fenn-treasure-related videos.
- Visit the Fenn treasure forums, but do so for entertainment value only. It’s nuts in there. If you don’t believe us, try posting something – anything – and watch what happens.
- Read this blog post. It tells you exactly what to do when you find the treasure. Notes!
- Optional: Buy Fenn’s first memoir, “The Thrill of the Chase.” You can order a copy from the Collected Works Bookstore in Santa Fe for the original price of $35 plus shipping.
- Plan and go out on your first recon. You will discover at least two things: a. your solution was crazy wrong, and b. the problem is much bigger than you imagined. No worries. It happens to everybody. Oh, and – take pictures! Send them to us! We share them with the community on our YouTube channel. firstname.lastname@example.org
You are now, officially, one of the (estimated by Fenn) 350,000 members of the “I don’t know where the hell it is either!” Fenn Treasure Hunters Club.
But, don’t let that discourage you. Sooner or later, someone is going to find it, and it might as well be you!
Shelley Carney and Toby Younis