Forrest Fenn, and others, have recently expressed the expectation that “…a couple of major print articles” will be published sometime in the near future. I’m hoping that one of them will provide some new insight, not necessarily to Fenn – he’s not going to give them anything new – but on the search itself. At least, I hope, a new hook.
Here’s my expectation – yet more articles with this “safe” outline:
- I went to Santa Fe. It’s very high and dry. Surprise, it’s not New York!
- I met a rich, eccentric, enchanting old coot who hid a really valuable treasure and challenged people to find it.
- Short Fenn Bio. Book/poem.
- Citations from previously published work/interviews.
- Apparently, lots of poor, eccentric people giving up their little texting machines to look for it.
- Dal, Katya, Sasha, Desertphile, Cynthia.
- Some people have died looking.
- Chief of NM State Police and U. S. Park Service not happy.
- More citations from previously published work/interviews.
- Treasure still out there. Go look for it!
- Got hooked, headed for Yellowstone this summer.
They’re missing the point.
It’s not about Fenn. It hasn’t been about Fenn since he published “The Thrill of the Chase.”
Apparently, if I want to read something original, I’m going to have to write it myself.
For a different look at the hunt for the treasure Forrest Fenn hid somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe, check out our YouTube channel.