The following is presented for entertainment purposes only. The content is based on our research, our assumptions and our conclusions. Therefore, what follows are opinions, some of which may be in direct contrast to what has been written or spoken on the subject of the Fenn treasure by anyone at any time, and the expression of which is guaranteed by the First Amendment to The Constitution of the United States of America.
OUR opinions drive OUR search for said treasure, and should not be interpreted as suggestions, directions or recommendations to any other person with an interest in the search for said treasure.
Shelley Carney & Toby Younis
A Gypsy’s Kiss
The following is a fictional email from Billy Bob, Sr. (a fictional character) to Forrest Fenn:
July 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Fenn,
My wife, Joleen, and I went looking for your treasure on our vacation last week. Our oldest, Billy Bob Jr., went with us. My wife, who’s very good at riddles, had your poem pretty well figured out. We were on the (X river) at (Y location) and looked to the (direction) for your treasure until my wife got tired – and hungry. We wanted you to know what a great experience it was, and we hope that your treasure is found.
But, it won’t be by us because we promised ourselves we were one and out – one trip to look for your treasure, and then move on with the rest of our lives. Which is a shame, because Joleen felt like we were pretty darned close.
I’ve attached some pictures of the beautiful area in which we were searching. That was a real treasure, and the fishing was great.
Again, thank you for getting us off the couch and away from our little texting machines.
Joleen and Billy Bob
The following is a fictional email response to Billy Bob from Forrest Fenn:
Dear Billy Bob,
Good to hear you all found the experience so rewarding. Joleen sounds like a keeper. f.
From the TwistedAnkle cache of “Forrest Fenn 200 foot quotes:”
- 4/27/2015 People have been within 200 feet. And I know that because people send me emails and they tell me exactly where they are. The people that were 200 feet from the treasure didn’t know that they were there…. They were searching but they didn’t know they were within 200 feet.
- 4/28/2015 People that have been within 200 feet of the treasure didn’t know they were there. (KOAT tv interview)–
- 1/7/2016 I’m aware that people have been within 200 feet but closer than that I don’t know.
- 2/4/2016 Searchers speak to me about their search places only in generalities. I don’t know that anyone has been closer to the treasure than about 200 feet.
- 3/5/2016 And I know that several people have been within 200 feet, personally 200 feet of the treasure. They didn’t know that they were there though. But I know because they told me exactly where they were.
- 7/17/2016 I know that several people have been within 200 feet of the treasure because they told me exactly where they were.
- 7/26/2016 Q: Is/are the searcher(s) still involved, those you had indicated in August of 2014, who were within 200 feet of the treasure? FF: I don’t want to answer that question because it would reveal too much. F
- 9/17/2016 video posted “Forrest Fenn – The Cutting Room Floor”. “I have a positive indication that people have been within 200 feet”. The interviewer asked how he knew this, he responded “From e-mail and photographs, these people told me exactly where they were.
- 2/25/2017 Very few people tell me exactly where they are searching so there is no way for me to know. Some searchers have been within 200 feet.
- 5/18/2017 Lots of people have been within 500 feet of the treasure. There weren’t many people within 200 feet. 200 feet is pretty accurate. The people that were within 200 feet didn’t know that they were within 200 feet, they walked right on by it.
A Gypsy’s Kiss on YouTube
For a different, informative and entertaining take on the treasure Forrest Fenn hid somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe, subscribe to our YouTube channel at agypsyskiss.tv
Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com
New to the Search?
Read this first.
Or, better yet, watch this first.